
Okay, so I ended badly on the gratitude posts before Thanksgiving. Didn't get on here enough to get posts up, but here's a doozy to make up for it...
I'm grateful for the longish incubation period of this cold bug that has gone through our house. I'm glad that I'm feeling almost better now that the kids are getting it. Even though it feels like we will never all be WELL, I'm just glad I'm not feeling like death while having to get up during the night a little more often, etc...
I'm so grateful for little boys who are such troopers when they are sick.
So grateful for family here. Dave's family is awesome to have nearby, and we had fun with them for Thanksgiving. It was a little bittersweet, the last holiday in their old house where the kids all pretty much grew up, but a great day.


Also grateful, of course- for my family back home. I don't have as much contact as I sometimes wish for, but I love them so much. Last night, I had a little chat with my big brother Jerdy over the xbox while we played a few hands of UNO, that was fun. Everyone needs an xbox so we can all play together :)
Fabulously grateful for GNO (girls night out!) with a bunch of girls last Saturday night. About 30 were in this big group that Dana put together to see Twilight. It was so much fun.
Some of us went to Red Robin after... as you can see there on the far left, there was ONE non-girl. He was a good sport.
Speaking of Twilight... I saw in the store that they changed the Twilight book covers to pictures of the movie characters, and I have to say that I'm grateful to have bought the books before they changed the covers. The original covers are much better!!Very grateful for the fun time our little family has had together this weekend. We have just been able to spend time and do a few fun things. We had a bigger adventure planned, but the aforementioned sickies kept us from taking the kids to the germfest children's museum. We hope to get there in a couple of weeks! We did get to plant our little Christmas tree in the backyard on Friday. We hope to plant more in the years to come, and maybe cut them down and use them after they are big enough. Or maybe just grow a forest back there ;)

Way excited to get moving on Christmas decorating, if I can ever get my disaster of a house cleaned up. I'm so grateful for our house, but man you wouldn't know it if you saw it right now!!

Way excited to get moving on Christmas decorating, if I can ever get my disaster of a house cleaned up. I'm so grateful for our house, but man you wouldn't know it if you saw it right now!!
I'm grateful for pumpkin pie, mmmmm...... oh, and Lactaid ;)
So grateful for the way the internet connects people. Just lately, I've been able to reconnect with old friends and get to know new ones around here. I've also reconnected with family that I've been a little out of touch with, and also have gotten to know some new ones of Dave's. I have been really loving blogging again, and reading everyone else's blogs, as more and more people get into it.
I'm grateful for where we live. The South is such an awesome place, honestly. The people here are just so genuine and NICE as a whole, it's really amazing to me. I love the friendly spirit.
Totally grateful for our new video game *Lips* and the fun we had playing it last night. So crazy. We were laughing hard.
I'm just grateful to be so incredibly blessed. I'm grateful to know my Savior and to have the knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm glad that I took the time to focus a little more on gratitude this month (thanks Kim for the great lesson early in the month). I was reading something the other day about the correlation between gratitude and happiness, and it's so true. The more grateful you are, the happier you will be.
















3 comments:
Hello Lisa! I had Kirk add you to my blogroll (I admit that I do not know how to do anything on my blog other than make posts and add pictures), so now I will be better about leaving comments. It fun to read about the things you're grateful for and what you're up to. :)
Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving with your husbands family. What a fun girls night out you had too! Dang, I didn't know they changed the covers on the books, should have bought them before they changed the cover...grrr.
I didn't get to send out Christmas cards this year so I wanted to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Love ya tons!
Shan
Post a Comment