Last but certainly not least of my three, I'm so grateful for my Benjamin. He is growing up so fast, he just amazes me with the things he learns and remembers from day to day. He can be so sweet, but also so sassy when he's not happy with you, the little booger.
A little Ben story... Ben is a Bill Cosby fan. Dave showed him old Cosby show episodes and taught him that Bill Cosby was the one who made the "Little Bill" show and books that he likes. So Bill Cosby is cool. Ben points him out every time we watch Little Bill (he's in the opening segment). We recently got this Bill Cosby movie, Fat Albert, which I love because I liked the show as a kid (MY dad was a big Cosby fan). Ben LOVES it, he has a lot of it memorized, it's crazy. We've had to start saying no when he wants to watch it sometimes because it was getting out of hand. But it's cute- Ben and Chris will play Fat Albert by pretending to come out of the TV (using a pretend tv, thank goodness). You should hear him sing the theme song. He loves it. Early on, he'd sing the song and sing "Fat Albert" but when he'd ask for the movie, he'd say "Fat Wilbur" instead. I kept telling him it was Fat Albert, but he'd always mix it up (he knows the name Wilbur from a Noggin show, but never has known an Albert!). One day, I said, Ben- it's Fat ALBERT, not Wilbur, and he told me-- "You know Mommy, you CAN call him different names"... guess he was tired of me telling him.
More things I love about Ben right now...
I love when he acts all grownup. He always surprises me with the things that come out of his mouth.
When he decides to be agreeable and is all smiles. Like at bedtime. Then he gets everyone else cooperating: "Come on Chris, let's go to bed! Come on Mommy, Come on Daddy!"
The way he is always singing something. He knows so many songs and has such great pitch. He also will sit at the piano or keyboard trying to pick out song melodies.
His love for Jonathan and how he can always make him smile and can usually help him to stop fussing if I'm trying to get a bottle or something. He's such a great big brother.
He could eat peanut butter sandwiches every day for lunch (which we pretty much do) and be happy as a clam.
He has the cutest little sense of humor.
Lately he has been really into sounds and learning to spell words, and it's so awesome to watch him grasping that concept. He wants to be able to read his books.
















3 comments:
He and his eyelashes are super cute!
I'm excited for our boys to become play buddies.
Hey Lisa,
Thanks for your comment. I had just found your blog as well. I need to update my links. Looks like you are pretty savvy with the computer/digital scrapbooking! And I love the sock monkey picture....may have to borrow that idea for some newborns!
Kim
I have a feeling he's going to become a little musician. He's such a little stud!
Ok, so I noticed you commented on Erin's blog about NKOTB, but why not mine?! I miss your comments!! :)
Post a Comment