...it's been a while but
we're back in style...
My boys LOVE love the Chipmunks. They love the old Chipmunk Adventure with the hot air balloons and the Chipmunk movie from last year. They sing the songs and ask to watch them all the time. So, I thought that would be the perfect choice for Halloween this year, now that we have three! And the costumes were easy enough to make. I took t-shirts (2/$5 at the craft store) and kind of traced the boys onto them and cut them out, sewed them up... the sewing was bad because I didn't want to spend days on it, but they worked! I drew the A on that fusible iron on stuff and cut it out of yellow flannel and ironed that sucker on. Chris' shirt was too long for him, so his hem was done with duct tape, since I didn't have green thread (everything was sewn with white) and I didn't want to have to go somewhere just for that! haha. Good times.On Halloween during the day, we had to go to the Pediatrician and then we went to Target.Ben wanted to "be Simon" since it was now Halloween, after all- so I had to put them all in their costumes since they were a set. People just kept oohing and ahhhing over the cuteness of these three, and Ben kept saying to me- "Mommy, people SURE love my costume!"
Chris, on the other hand... not so much. He got as far as telling me triangles for the eyes and a circle for the nose, and then he was tired of the whole thing. He was back and forth wanting to mess with everything, color on the pumpkin with the crayon, etc. But he didn't want to touch the inside. Only wanted to stir the seeds and guts in the bowl with the big spoon I gave him.

You can't see it, but this is Ben after drawing his first face on the pumpkin. It's kind of small, so then Dave helped him draw it bigger. He was so proud of himself.
Then came Halloween night, hooray! We had the family over for dinner, then we all went trick-or-treating. That was pretty short-lived. The kids loved it though. They didn't want the night to end. They were way into the candy, since they hardly ever get it, but the next day they were so over it.
They were so cute at the doors, saying Trick or Treat and Happy Halloween. I love this picture- you can see cousins Caleb (left) and cute little Oliver who is just over a year old- cute little cowboys!

The next morning, we finished off Halloween, since we were a little late getting going. We had never gotten around to our Mr. Potatohead pumpkins. We made a little trip to a small church pumpkin patch nearby and got some small decoration pumpkins, and two for these babies. The witch I got last year for Ben to do, and this year we found the Pirate too. They loved it.
It's funny because Ben was content just to stick all the parts in the right holes and leave it. Chris, true to form, had to take all the peices out and put them back in his own way.

Backing up- on Tuesday night, we carved the pumpkins we got at the farm. Daddy and Ben did one and Chris and I did the other one. Ben drew the face on his, it was so cute. He was really into the whole thing.
Chris, on the other hand... not so much. He got as far as telling me triangles for the eyes and a circle for the nose, and then he was tired of the whole thing. He was back and forth wanting to mess with everything, color on the pumpkin with the crayon, etc. But he didn't want to touch the inside. Only wanted to stir the seeds and guts in the bowl with the big spoon I gave him.
You can't see it, but this is Ben after drawing his first face on the pumpkin. It's kind of small, so then Dave helped him draw it bigger. He was so proud of himself.
Then came Halloween night, hooray! We had the family over for dinner, then we all went trick-or-treating. That was pretty short-lived. The kids loved it though. They didn't want the night to end. They were way into the candy, since they hardly ever get it, but the next day they were so over it.Daddy took them to the door, while I hung back with Jonathan in the stroller. I anticipated that people wouldn't know who they were because the baby wasn't walking around with them as Alvin, but I didn't think that people would be silly enough to look at Ben and think we were trying to be Harry Potter (the glasses). I mean, I'd try a bit harder- Harry never wore a long blue turtleneck, did he? We got it OVER and OVER, and poor Chris- no one had a guess for him. BUT as much as possible, they would tell people who they were, and some of the time I carried the baby. I don't care. Chris was a perfect Theodore and Ben wanted to wear the glasse (plus he's the tall one) so I had to make the baby Alvin. We sort of had a red hat, but it didn't really fit, and he was cuter without it.
They were so cute at the doors, saying Trick or Treat and Happy Halloween. I love this picture- you can see cousins Caleb (left) and cute little Oliver who is just over a year old- cute little cowboys!
The next morning, we finished off Halloween, since we were a little late getting going. We had never gotten around to our Mr. Potatohead pumpkins. We made a little trip to a small church pumpkin patch nearby and got some small decoration pumpkins, and two for these babies. The witch I got last year for Ben to do, and this year we found the Pirate too. They loved it.
It's funny because Ben was content just to stick all the parts in the right holes and leave it. Chris, true to form, had to take all the peices out and put them back in his own way.And littlest dude wore his "First Halloween" shirt the next day since I kept thinking he'd wear it on Halloween, then he wore his costume most of the day. oops.

One of these days I'll get organized and all of my great plans will be accomplished early and done completely rather than half-way due to lack of time. This year, the Halloween decorations were out of the garage sitting in the hallway for about a week or so, but didn't actually go up until the night before. Oh well, at least they got up. The boys loved it. We're enjoying them for this week too before I put them back. =)
It was fun to see both Chris and Ben really "into it" this year. It was a fun Halloween.



















3 comments:
What cute costumes!
I LOVE their costumes!! I don't think I've seen Alvin & The Chipmunks costumes...ever! So original and so stinkin' cute!
Looks like creative Lisa wins again. These costumes are SO GREAT. I love the Mr. Potato-Pumpkin heads. So adorable and EASY. Just how I like it.
Post a Comment