(aka timely blessings)
Today I am grateful for the little boosts that come at times when I feel like I just can't do it, but I have to, because I'm Mommy. There's that saying that the Lord can't be everywhere, that's why he gave us moms? Well, He has to be with moms quite a bit, I think. He's there with me a lot!
Earlier this week, I took the boys outside while the baby was napping, and they were playing on the swings. After a little while, Ben came over to the patio by me and was bringing me tiny purple flowers from the lawn. While talking to Ben and looking at the flowers, Chris slipped off towards the back end of the yard. I looked up and didn't see him, and got up to look around the side of the house. When I didn't see him, I started to run around to the front and was frantically looking around everywhere for him. Chris doesn't respond. You call his name and since he's 2, he sees no reason to respond or come back towards you, he just keeps doing what he does. In that first moment of not knowing where he was, I was beginning to panic. I am a freak about keeping an eye on my kids. I hear too many stories about bad things happening because no one was actually within earshot of little kids. My mind was racing with all the things that could happen before I found him. I kept checking back at the front of the house because of the road, and Ben and I were screaming his name. After the third or so pass of the front yard, the two men in the neighbor's driveway asked if I was looking for a kid, and I told them yes, he's two. They started to run with me and one of them headed toward the back of our yard. Oh yeah, I should mention that we have over an acre, with a line of trees on one side and a bunch of thick foliage along the back end. I couldn't see him anywhere. Anyway, it was only a few minutes from the start to when one of the men found Chris heading around the back of the neighbors fence at the back end of our yard. I ran all the way back there and scooped him up. Here's the super-power: I am so NOT in shape, and I'm not a runner, but I hauled my booty all over our property until my little Christopher was in my arms. My heart was pounding, but I was able to keep going- total Mommy blessing. It really was a small incident. Scary, but he wasn't far and I knew that despite my panic. But the blessings were there nonetheless.
I've also had a few lovely experiences this week with really gross things. We're still working on potty training, and Pull-ups = diapers lately, so I had him back in big boy underpants. I got to clean them out a couple of times. Then last night, Ben woke up sick, and I had the joy of cleaning that up, three times in a row. But here's the super-power: I have always had the worst gag reflex. It used to be that so many things made me gag, but since I was a teenager, I was pretty good at not giving into the gag, because I really really hate to puke. Since I've been a mom and had to wash out various things from clothes, big-boy underpants, blankets, carpet, etc.... I can totally handle things so much more than before. I get a little queasy, but that extra boost comes, and I can do it.
'Cause I'm Super Mommy ;)















2 comments:
Wow! You really are Super Mommy!! I agree that Heavenly Father is with the mommy's of the world to help them in those moments, and always. :)
wow what a scary moment. Isn't it amazing the things you can do when it comes to y our kids!! I wish Isabel could stand at the top of a hill every morning and call for help so I would attempt to excersise
Post a Comment