Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Best buddies

I am so grateful that Ben and Chris are such good friends, and I sincerely hope that this is something that will last them through their lives. They are so flippin' cute together and they have so much fun playing. It helps me a lot, especially since the baby came, that they are able to entertain each other so much. They play well together, and feed off of each other which is hilarious at times. They sing and dance together, often creating their own little band and performing for us. They love to help each other. In the mornings, when I'm getting their breakfast, Chris LOVES to give Ben his milk cup and/or food (we do a lot of "on the go" breakfasts that they can take in front of the tv or into the playroom). Actually, the only way we can do it is for Chris to take Ben his milk, otherwise I'm in big trouble! It's great when one of them is being cooperative, they can usually help the other one cooperate or we can use the other one cooperating as leverage ("okay, I'll just take Ben" or "I'll give yours to Chris"). I love to watch them play together and to see their excitement when they are proud of the other person or when they haven't seen them for a little while. Chris was Ben's biggest cheerleader when he was getting the hang of pooping in the potty- oh boy did we cheer! This is such a fun age to have two boys that are only 14 months apart! When we found out that we were pregnant when Ben was so small still, I was nervous about having two so close in age, but it has been so great (for the most part!!)

Yesterday I found the little tent of theirs that I had been looking for pretty much since we moved, and tonight they wanted to camp out in it. They were so excited to sleep in the tent together. 

Camping out in their tent (in their room) with friends Wishbear and Curious George :)

Unfortunately, it didn't last. I had to run to the store tonight and while I was gone, Dave (poor sick Dave!) had to go up and put them in their beds and take the tent out because Chris kept waking up over and over.

On a side note, just when I was being grateful for our good health last night, Dave comes home this afternoon as sick as I think I've ever seen him. Poor guy. It has just been one thing after another around here! It's just now getting into cold and flu season, right? Oh boy.

3 comments:

danakat said...

Oh dear...so sorry you have yuck in your house! That's no fun. I hope you're feeling better.

Thursday might be a no go for now? Keep me posted on the infirmary.

pitbull said...

I'm so sorry for your recent sicknesses, but do love that you're posting more often now. It's fun to hear about your cute family, and see your darling pictures.

Mrs. Misses said...

I swear I commented on these boys and then I think I realized that it was an outloud comment, to Rhett.

So here it is to you - it is freaky how alike we are! Your boys look just like my boys! Darker features on the older one, lighter on the younger. Brownish eyes older, blueish eyes younger. They have like the same characteristics and even have a hilarious blast together (when they're not fighting for the same toy). I just think it is WEEE-RRD that they are so alike. And that WE are so alike...I read your blog and I'm just like, uh-huh, yep, EXACTLY! How crazy is that. And whenever I have another baby, I'm sure it will be an adorable blue eyed BOY. Haha!

Wish you were closer!