
I tried to find a picture of my sister and I together, and this was the best one. I love how we are just cracking up. Such a good memory- a time when we weren't super close doing stuff together much, but we went to this concert together and met the band earlier in the day and it was so so so much fun. She's the one next to me who looks Hawaiian, there are no blondes in our family- the top girl we met that day and we all got a picture together. The guys on the bottom are the (former) Utah band, Colors.
I feel bad because I told my sister Emmy that I'd call her back earlier and then I forgot. Now I'm going to post about how grateful I am for her. She is the best sister. Growing up, we had a pretty good relationship, but after becoming moms we became closer. We had our first babies within a few months of each other, and have been able to help each other through all the mom stuff. The only problem is that she's back home and I don't get to see her enough. We always say how we wish we could live close and hang out all the time. At least we have the phone, and we're on the same cell plan so we have unlimited talk time! She's such a great person. She has an awesome sense of humor and a fun laugh. She is an awesome singer (especially picking out harmonies, she has an awesome ear). She has a funny memory--I always remember how she would memorize stuff like movies and repeat parts- I watch Ben do that now, and I figure that's where he gets it from! She also has way cute kids, I especially love that Keaka looks just like her as a baby. She is a great listener, even when I feel like I'm being selfish, she still cares about my problems and gives good advice. She's just a cool girl, and I'm so glad she's my sister and my BFF. Right now she's going through some rough stuff, but she is such a strong woman, she will make it through and will be better for it. I only wish I could be closer to help.
I love you Emmy!
2 comments:
Oh the days of Colors!! I still love them and their music. I love this pic of you guys...so fun!!
What a great tribute to your sister. :)
Oh my gosh!!! You made me cry...seriously. That's so sweet. Now I feel guilty for not keeping up on my blog....well I guess I better get started. I love you too sissy!!!
Emmy
Post a Comment