Thursday, July 1, 2010

Christopher's birthday week

Well, our boy had quite the week! Ben's birthday party was almost a week after his birthday, so we took him to Chuck E. Cheese on the actual night-- so of course, we had to do the same with Chris, even though his party was scheduled the night before his birthday so it was a full weekend. We tried to talk him into other dinner options, but of course he had to do what Ben did. They had such a great time!


We got a ton of tickets and came home with suckers, tattoos, and vampire teeth.... raaaaahhhh!



When Saturday (party day) rolled around, I woke up feeling off, and got sicker as the morning passed. Long story short, I ended up taking a trip to Labor and Delivery after talking to the on-call doctor, and they hooked me up to and IV with lots of fluids as well as anti-nausea and tummy medicines. It was just a virus or something, but I ended up having to stay and be monitored and hydrated all night, since the sickies had left me so dehydrated. The boys were great about the party having to be postponed. They spent the day over at Grandma and Grandpa's and Daddy took them home late that night.  I mostly just slept all day/night, thanks to Phenergan (for nausea) in my IV. They all picked me up in the morning and I was glad to go home!

That next day was Chris' actual birthday, so we did cake and ice cream and gifts after dinner.





His favorite was the big set of LEGO people! The boys love to play LEGOs but Chris especially loves the people. He'll just dig out all the people and play with them for hours. So what could be more perfect. This set came with like 30 LEGO people with all kinds of accessories. He has been playing with them every day since!


When the next Saturday rolled around, we got ready to party. We were lucky to not only have all the aunts, uncles, cousins, and Grandma and Grandpa- but we also had Great Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Peggy in town that day, so they joined in the fun.

After pizza, the kids enjoyed "LEGOman" cupcakes... (if you can't tell, those are LEGOman heads made out of marshmallows on top of the cupcakes. Chris thought they were pretty awesome. (I got the idea here, if you have a LEGO party in your future).


After the kids got covered in frosting, and the adults enjoyed a nice chocolate bundt cake (no stained tongues), we spent the rest of the evening out in the pool playing. It was a fun party.


What a birthday! Next year I want to celebrate my birthday for a week too! Jon's is coming up next week, I'm hoping for a little bit lower key celebration for this one, since he doesn't really know. He'll be excited for anything!

0 comments: