Friday, July 2, 2010

Six years.


Love this guy. Six years ago today we made it forever. It was a Friday that year too. 

I had an interesting experience recently. I was sitting in the hospital lab waiting room for a long test. I ended up chatting with another pregnant girl who was there for a while, and during the course of our conversation, she asked if I was married. When I said yes, she asked how long. I told her almost six years, and she was awestruck, seriously. She said "wow, you know you beat the average". According to her, it's 3-5 years. Who knows how close that statistic is to correct, but I felt so sad for her (especially after hearing more about her life) that it was so unusual that two people committed to each other and stayed that way. To me, six years is not that long since I know so many happy couples who have been married so much longer, but it really made me think about how that is not "normal" in the world today, it's incredibly valuable and not something to take for granted. I felt so grateful that day for what I have and how I got to this point in my life. It certainly has never been easy, but it has been so worth it. I am so blessed.

Happy Anniversary, Love.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh I remember that day so well. Happy Anniversary to you two! You make a beautiful couple, and family.:)

Jenni said...

Happy Anniversary! You are such a cute couple/family and I enjoy our visits! Hope you have a great day! And your right 6 years isn't a long time but for some an eternity! Some days I still feel like a newlywed instead of having been married for 23 years! Enjoy the ups, prepare for the downs and remember to laugh at the roller coaster called life!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Happy anniversary! A happy marriage is always reason to celebrate!

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you both have a fantastic day. I have one coming up soon too. Although we are well over doubled 6. Argh. I am old.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I guess 3-5 yrs. is long when not many people marry now days. Interesting story and convo to have.

Hope y'all had a great anniversary celebration.

Natalie said...

Happy (late) Anniversary! Congrats on 6 years. I hope you were able to celebrate.