Since Jon's birthday was early in the week right after the 4th of July, and we were already having the family over that Saturday (the 3rd) we decided to do it all in one night.
We grilled some dinner, then Jon opened his "pesents"- can you tell he was a little excited that it was finally his turn?









It was a fun day! I got my wish for a simpler, lower maintenance birthday celebration. Jon's pretty easy- it doesn't take much to make him happy!

His big gift from us was this water table "sink" which he loves! He could stand at the real sink all day long and "wash hands". He loves to just have the water running over his hands and get all wet, so when I saw this in an ad a while back, I thought it would be perfect!


We had fruit pizza rather than a normal cake. Easier and a big hit- Jon LOVES strawberries. We sang Happy Birthday and he sang along and clapped after he blew out the candles. He loves singing that. I keep trying to get him to do it on video, but I haven't gotten a good one yet. It's way cute.

All the kids....

After swimming and eating, we lit fireworks in the backyard. The kids loved it. The dads of course, loved being pyros. They kept us safe, just barely! Only a couple of slight mishaps.



















1 comments:
His little smile just melts me! Happy birthday Jon!!
Post a Comment