Thursday, January 8, 2009

So then AFTER Christmas...

the fun continued! The night after Christmas, we had everyone over again and this time we went game crazy. The kids watched a movie upstairs, then later when they all went to bed (a couple of them went home w/ grandma and the rest in various rooms upstairs) we played some more. It was XBOX night. We played Guitar Hero World Tour (band), Lips, and Scene It. It was crazy fun. Everyone really let loose once we got into Lips, and were pretty competitive with Scene It. Peggy and Jeanne are now addicted to Scene It, I think. I wish I had pics from the night, but I only got these ones of all the cute kids getting comfy for their movie....




Dave's Aunt Peggy stayed a couple night with us after Christmas, then we headed down to Tuscaloosa with her to visit Dave's grandparents. They were with us for Christmas, but we went down to have some more time visiting with them. The kids had a great time. Ben had a lot to tell Peggy, it was way cute to watch their conversations...

They live on a lake- it's such a beautiful place. The boys loved hiking around the yard, searching for pinecones, rocks, sticks, leaves.... and throwing them into the lake. hahaha... too much fun.



Then all their noise attracted the ducks and grandpa got them some bread to feed. They called all the ducks "Quack". They kept saying- "here Quack, here's some bread!" and "Quack! Come back!"  They loved the way their calls echoed around the lake, so it encouraged the yelling :) 

Oh, and the Quack thing- it's because we watch Peep and the Big Wide World, which I love as much as they do. It's so cute, and it's narrated by Joan Cusack- she's my favorite. The big purple one is a duck, and his name is Quack. The chick is Peep and the bird is Chirp. Peep is "just hatched", Chirp is pretty young and Quack is just kind of clueless- and they discover all kinds of things about why things are the way they are and how things work. It's really cute.

Jon just loves to be outside :)


A few more shots that I loved....



Happy boy with Daddy...

The boys and Aunt Peggy. They sure love her.

The night that we stayed, we got a couple of new games and played them until we were all too tired to think.  It was a really fun trip. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa, for having us! We had such a great time. Peg, we loved having you visit- you can come back anytime!

5 comments:

Karen said...

You seem to have had just an awesome December. Everything looks like so much. You're pictures are amazing! I love seeing families get together. Awww.

Terri said...

Awww what a fun time you guys had!! Then kids looks so cute they must have loved the slumber party!

Shannon said...

oooh fun with xbox! I need to get me one of those. I'm missing out. Glad you guys had a great Holiday season.

shari said...

Nice Pictures! Such a cute family.

pitbull said...

Love the family pictures, and your report of your holidays. Sounds like you had a wonderful, but busy, time. Peg is fun to be around, isn't she? I'm anxious to see her pictures and talk to her. I'm sure she had a grand time. Keep up the blogs - I love hearing about all of our Alabama families. Love, auntie