I had to post so much to catch UP to Christmas that I'm just relieved to finally be able to talk about Christmas day itself.
Jon finally opened one after an hour or so. He was more interested in what the boys were doing and what paper he could get his hands on.
Jon got his cool little drum with little instruments inside that his little hands can grab.
The boys were pretty good about sharing their loot. They tend to like the same things, so it's like getting twice as much for Christmas :)So, as I mentioned, after opening most of the gifts and having breakfast, we got dressed and headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's up the road.
Jon slept for a little bit, then was just happy as a clam to be there. I don't think he even fussed the entire day, he was just loving it.
The kids went nuts opening gifts and playing with stuff. That's the tricky part at Grandma's- letting them play with (some) stuff while making sure it all comes home with us.
The babies, Jacob and Jonathan, celebrating their first Christmas. What a difference a few months makes at this age! They were lookin' cute in their little Christmas clothes.
We had a great day with Dave's family- his parents, siblings+ their families, and also his grandparents and Aunt Peggy. They are all so generous, and we are so grateful for all of the wonderful gifts and the fun day we had with them. That night, we were able to finish opening the gifts and had a little more time to play with stuff before bed. Ben got this "Computer Cool school", which he opened in the morning but didn't get much time on. When he opened it, he said "a COMPUTER!!!" and told everyone all day that he got a computer for Christmas. No, we didn't actually buy our 3 year old a computer. This thing is really cool though. There's so much to discover. He's figured it all out so quickly.
So that was our Christmas. I feel like there should be more to say. It was a really great day. Lots of fun as we relaxed and talked and laughed and played games. Couldn't ask for more.I am so grateful for the gift of our Savior and this wonderful season of love and giving that we are blessed to experience each year. I'm so grateful for my family in every sense of the word. My little family is such a joy to me, I've loved making Christmas for them. My insanely awesome family back home who I miss so much and who like to make me cry when I try to talk to them on the phone during the holidays. Dave's family who are so great to be around and are such a blessing to us. Our wonderful extended families, our ward family, and all of our amazing friends who bless our lives each day. I hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season. We are so blessed to have every single one of you in our lives.






















1 comments:
The most wonderful time of the year...looks like a great day for you guys. Cutie kids!
Post a Comment