Sunday, August 19, 2007

(Where's the) Watermelon Festival

We looove festivals.... we used to love that show (not sure if it's still on?) on the Food Channel I think- Great American Festivals. We have yet to find any that are that cool, but we've been to a handful and some have been pretty cool. Well, yesterday we ventured out to "the country" for a "Watermelon Festival" where there was not a watermelon in sight! There was not much of anything- it was pretty trashy, really. Not to mention it was about a million and five degrees outside, I thought I was going to die. You can see in the pics how flushed the boys are- that was after like two minutes out of the car. The whole thing was down the main street so it was heat coming off of the asphalt. I gave Chris his big water sippy a few minutes after we got there, and he just sat there in his stroller drinking in non-stop. We didn't stay long, but we did try the big slide (which was almost too hot to go on!) ... Ben liked that. They got a waterballoon yoyo and this very cool wooden frog that sounds like it's croaking when you run the little stick across its back.





We were glad to be back in the A/C in the car!!!



0 comments: