So Ben has started to speak for both of them.... he'll say "we want to" do something instead of just "I want to". Today, he was saying he was still hungry after eating his lunch and I looked at Chris who was whining and banging his cup and said "are you hungry too?" and Ben said, "yeah we're still hungry, Chris is still hungry". Ha!
One thing that they have been driving me NUTS with is their (mostly Chris' but then Ben joins in) obsession with pulling wipes and tissues out of the box. If they ever get a hold of a box, that's the end of it. Chris likes to stick the wipes in his mouth. He pulls one after another out until I stop him. On his own, Ben usually will just pull out a few tissues and mess around with them. Well, Ben's NEW thing is to pull the tissue out of the box, then wipe his nose with it (because THAT makes it okay that he pulled it out right?) Then he comes to me exitedly and tells me, "I wiped my boogers on the tissue!" LOL.
They've started mimicking each other more, as a game. Yesterday in the store, Ben was making the same sounds as Chris (bababababa) really loud as he "helped" push the cart and they were "talking" back and forth like this, getting progressively louder. In the bath this morning, Ben was saying no, no, no to getting his hair washed or something and Chris started going "do, do, do" and they went back and forth laughing like it was the funniest joke. So cute!
Well, as I was typing this, they were, guess what? Yep, pulling wipes out a few feet behind me (I'm too oblivous!) I told them no, and told Ben he knows better and he told me in his best apologetic voice (another new thing) "Oh, I sorry Mommy, I no mean to!" Oye.
Off to the store.
One thing that they have been driving me NUTS with is their (mostly Chris' but then Ben joins in) obsession with pulling wipes and tissues out of the box. If they ever get a hold of a box, that's the end of it. Chris likes to stick the wipes in his mouth. He pulls one after another out until I stop him. On his own, Ben usually will just pull out a few tissues and mess around with them. Well, Ben's NEW thing is to pull the tissue out of the box, then wipe his nose with it (because THAT makes it okay that he pulled it out right?) Then he comes to me exitedly and tells me, "I wiped my boogers on the tissue!" LOL.
They've started mimicking each other more, as a game. Yesterday in the store, Ben was making the same sounds as Chris (bababababa) really loud as he "helped" push the cart and they were "talking" back and forth like this, getting progressively louder. In the bath this morning, Ben was saying no, no, no to getting his hair washed or something and Chris started going "do, do, do" and they went back and forth laughing like it was the funniest joke. So cute!
Well, as I was typing this, they were, guess what? Yep, pulling wipes out a few feet behind me (I'm too oblivous!) I told them no, and told Ben he knows better and he told me in his best apologetic voice (another new thing) "Oh, I sorry Mommy, I no mean to!" Oye.
Off to the store.
















0 comments:
Post a Comment