
When we first found out we were having these two so close together (14 months!) I was pretty nervous. People kept telling me, "oh they'll be best friends" and when I was taking care of two babies I sure hoped they were right!
Lucky for them (and me) it's been true. They are such great buddies. They play together all day and keep each other company. I love watching them interact. Sometimes Chris depends more on Ben than me. He'll go to Ben first for help with something that he can't get to work or to open something. Ben is always helping Chris and trying to teach him things. They are so cute together. Ben is even trying to help Chris learn to go potty. Hopefully that will help him get potty trained earlier than Ben was!
They always want what the other one has. If Ben is wearing a tie like Daddy, Chris wants to wear a tie too! If Chris has a backpack, Ben wants his backpack too. If Ben wants Corn Flakes for breakfast, Chris does too- even if he had just asked for Rice Krispies before Ben made his choice.
(Funny side story- on Sunday, Ben's teacher told me that he said he must have eaten too many corn flakes because he was full of wiggles!)
Chris has always been a bad sleeper. Once he finally started sleeping through the night as a baby (I think he was past one) it was short lived. He started waking up again just randomly once or twice and as he got older it seemed to be because of nightmares. Poor guy, he still has them. He's been doing pretty well lately, but last night he was up crying over and over. After about the fourth time in an hour, I was pretty tired of going in there (he doesn't stop unless you go in). They just got new beds (bunkbeds, separated for now- Chris had been in a toddler bed) so I pushed his bed over next to Ben's and told him Ben was there so he didn't need to be scared, and what do you know? He didn't wake up the rest of the night! I'm so glad they have each other.















4 comments:
(sniff) I love this post.
Reminds me of when my girls were that age and just so happy to be together. (sigh)
I love your pictures...as usual. And your green wall makes a FABULOUS backdrop. I must come take advantage of that. (you know...in all your spare time)
I love this sweet post. Those brothers really are so cute. Ben will be running (literally) with the pack soon. You will have a blur of boys, and they will always watch out for each other AND their wonderful mom.
I love the story of moving their beds closer. These are fun thoughts about your cute boys!!
What great brothers!
Post a Comment