Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Still here! Somewhere...

I keep thinking I'll post when I have some pictures. I finally got some pictures loaded up on our server, but I just don't have much time to edit or anything, because my old laptop is not good for that. So you get the new picture at the top of the blog, which I threw together tonight on Dave's computer, because I was so tired of the St. Patty's day header :) I guess that will have to do for now. The boys have been LOVING the pool. Ben has gotten so much braver in the water, he really wants to swim on his own. He's been doing really well with swim wings. Christopher just loves being in there. He wants to just do his own thing (and us leave him alone) but that can't happen, so he's been a little cranky about it, but he loves playing and especially splashing people. Dave and I are loving it to, especially since it has been getting HOT! It was up to 90 on Saturday, and this is just the beginning.

The house is great, we are loving it. Still a lot going on around here. A million things to worry about for Dave with work and everything else, poor guy. I'm trying to get this house unpacked because this baby is due in just FIVE WEEKS! I keep feeling like I have a lot done, but I can't keep up with the mess and the rest of the unpacking and of course the things that still need to be fixed to move on- like the kids' bathtub drain--I need Dave to figure out how to get the old one out. All the sink aerators are driving me nuts.... I need to get some anchors to get the pantry door rack up so I can unpack the last of the kitchen stuff..... and on and on and on. I'm hoping this baby stays put like the other boys did, so I can have enough time.

We found out today that the new insurance that Dave was promised at this new job is not going to be in effect until July 1st (we were told 2 months which would be June 1st) which is 1 week before the baby is due. The current insurance is crappy, which is why the change was a big deal, and they said for sure it would be in effect before the baby-- I found out a couple weeks ago that the current plan would cost us over $1000 out of pocket to have the baby... still no info about the cost on the new plan - only the promise that this new insurance will be "really good" ... sooooo ... yeah, insurance. Stay in there little buddy- you can't come out until July! The other boys were "free"... nothing out of pocket to have either of them, so the thought of having to pay a bunch is no fun!! We had awesome insurance at the other company...

Anyone want to come over and potty train Ben so I don't have three in diapers? I know I need to get moving on this, but the thought of it just makes me tired. I said I would try once we were moved.... we've dabbled in it here and there, but I just need to really reinforce the idea, and hopefully he'll get excited about it this time. He just doesn't seem to care that much, and I hate having to keep taking him over and over all day long for him to get the idea... he does love the M&M's as a reward though ;)

Hopefully I can get lots done in the next week or so and share some pics of the new place. It's so bright and colorful. I love all the big windows. I want to get stuff up on the walls so bad, but that feels like it should be AFTER I clean up the piles of boxes and other messes.... but soon. I will try hard to get some pics up! For now all you get is the little peek of the pool in the header picture. :P I'll write more soon, even if there are still no pics. (I know, boooooring!)

5 comments:

Erin @ Two More Seconds said...

Very cute new blog header! I am like you, I hate blogging when I have no pictures to add! Can't wait to see more of the new house.

Keli said...

So dang cute. That pretty much sums it up!!! I miss you so much. Wish I could be there to help you out!1

BRINLEY & HADLEY'S MOM said...

NICE PIC! BOYS ARE GETTING BIG! I HAVE TO BE HONEST, ABOUT THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES ME JEALOUS ABOUT YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW IS THE POOL!! HOPE THINGS SETTLE DOWN FOR YOU.

pitbull said...

Lisa, I'm so glad you're back... I've missed seeing pictures of you and the boys. The pool looks nice and cool (funny thing to say since I'm sitting here with long levis and a turtleneck today). Any chance you'll make it out to Utah for the reunion in August? Also, I need your new address - love, Aunt Elaine

Shannon said...

Yay! You're back! We've missed you! I'll be in NC in October for a little over a week babysitting Caiti's boys, and taking pictures. Somehow we'll need to get together. :)