So, all of our birthdays come within a little over two months of each other, so I'll start with that. It's been fun, because that's how we've been giving Ben a timeline for the baby. First, everyone has a birthday, then the baby comes after that. Last week, I said something to Dave about how my tummy felt like the baby was going to push out of my belly button he was pushing so hard, and Ben said- "No, he can't come out yet, not till after Mommy's birthday!"
Anyway, first one was Ben's... He turned three on April 19th. We were just over a week away from closing on our house and another week after that we would be moving, so his birthday party was at the park (he LOVES the park). We don't do big shindigs with a million kids and friends, just the family. We had a fun time. He picked out Spongebob party supplies and chocolate cake with Neopolitan ice cream. He was so cute opening up his presents. As he opened them, he would say "wow, did you make this?" (to everything). It was so dang cute. He loved every bit of the evening, especially the cake and ice cream. He gets sooo excited when someone is having a birthday because he gets to have cake and ice cream. Silly kid.
Here are a few pics:
Playing on the playground.... The cake, the cake!!!! (Is it time for cake yet, is time, is it time???)
Chris stood up on the bench next to Ben while everyone sang "Happy Birthday" and from the look on his face, you woulda thought they were singing to him!
Mmmmm....
Opening gifts...
Then there was Dave's birthday on May 8th. I don't think I have any pictures from that day. We had just moved into the new house, so we didn't even get to have a thing with cake and ice cream (sorry honey!) BUT we surprised Daddy at work with a yummy lunch that we made (complete with a Spongebob balloon that they picked out for him). Dave said it was going to be a busy day, so we just brought him lunch rather than going out with him. For dinner, we tried a cool little casual steakhouse out here in our new area, it was really good and the kids loved it. That was pretty much the day.
Christopher was next, on June 14th. Two is a big birthday at our house- it's exciting because it's really the first time they "get it". For Ben, we did a big "Blue's Clues" party last year, so for Chris, we did it up big again. He got the Wiggles- he LOVES the Wiggles... loves loves loves.... so we ordered some Wiggles stuff and they loved it, especially the huge Mylar balloon that plays "Wiggly Party". It's still playing "Wiggly Party"... He was so cute about everything, and he was totally excited to get a bike and a sandbox!
Here are some pics from that party:
The Wiggly banner...
Dorothy holding the balloons... Party hats! (Chris looks so serious, but really he was excited- he had fun)
I brought out the bike and said "what's this" and he got a big smile and said "a biiiike...." like he was in awe! So cute...
Playing in the sandbox with no sand...
The Wiggly cake with the Big Red Car....
Sharing Daddy's cake after having his own, and being pretty cute...
So, then mine was yesterday. Dave was cute, he got up (unusual for him to get up out of bed first) and I heard him outside our door whispering to the kids and I heard Ben say (loudly) "I'm NOT going to tell her". hehe. Then he brought me some breakfast in bed and brought up some breakfast for the kids (they get up first in the mornings and play and watch tv in the bonus room out in the middle of all the bedrooms while we try to wake up). It was nice. We had a fun/normal day together, and then when Dave got home, he arrived with roses and a card and we all went out to a yummy Chinese buffet that we discovered out here a few weeks ago. It was SO good, I have been so hungry lately. I guess that's what happens when you are 38 weeks pregnant! After dinner, we took the kids to a little playground in this wooded area up on the "mountain". Then we enjoyed the cupcakes that Rachel brought over- they were yum! It was a nice day.
Here's a shot of my birthday roses:
And that's it... next up for a birthday-- "Baby Brother"... he still isn't 100% named. I think at this point, we'll just tell y'all when he gets here ;) He is due in 13 days.

















3 comments:
Yippee! A new post... Happy Birthday, everyone ! The boys are growing up so fast - they're just darling. And I loved seeing the picture of Ben and Chris with all their cousins. I wish everyone lived closer to Utah so Mason could get to know his cousins. Let us know when the baby is born. Love you, auntie lane
Yay! So good to see you back in the blogging world! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Did you get my e-card? It looks like you all had a pretty busy few months with the new house, all the birthdays, and now a new one coming. Very exciting! Glad all is well. I would love to see more pics of the inside of your house, and pool...ok everything! :)
Happy Bithday to all !!! Sorry I didn't call yesterday I was kind of busy :( By the way my dad is okay it will be a long recovery but he is doing good.
Post a Comment