Monday, June 30, 2008

My babies...

One more week.... it's so crazy. I don't know if it's really *real* to me yet. It sinks in a little more every day that I'm going to have another little one to take care of.



I keep thinking about him, what he will look like- if he will look like the other boys or have his own look... same with his personality. Ben was really calm and very small (not even 7 lbs) and just so sweet and cute....



While Christopher was a fussy little guy, not so good with sleep, and big (almost 9 lbs)... but soo soo cute, look at those cheeks!



I can't believe those little babies are now these funny little guys. They have been so cute lately, they get along really well for the most part. They make each other mad, but they have also been so nice to each other. They love to help each other and play together. Their conversations just crack me up, just because they're so little. Chris is growing up so much lately, and he really tries to be like Ben.

When I get them out of the bath, I wrap them up and say, "oh my baby!" and take them into their room and lay them on the floor together, and they look at each other and say "ohhh, baby!!" This has been our little game for a while now. They were being so cute the other day I had to grab the camera....




Last week, Ben wanted to wrap his Doggy in a blanket (Big Doggy has been his friend since he was a baby, and especially since around a year and a half, he always wants him when he sleeps)... he wanted Doggy to be his baby... so I've been swaddling Doggy "just like the baby is going to be wrapped up in a blankie" ever since, and he carries him around, and says to us "look how CUTE my baby is!"


Today, he got out another blankie for "Little Doggy" (Chris' smaller version of Big Doggy) and we wrapped him up too. Chris is not as into it, but off and on he has to have his "baby" too...


Maybe the next post you'll see will be announcing our newest arrival =) We'll see. I do have one more week. Ben came two days early because I got scared into having my labor induced. I felt like I was going to have contractions forever and never go into real labor.... With Chris, I decided that's just how my labors were going to be, and waited it out (never wanted the Pitocin the first time)- he came barely two days after his due date. So I kind of think this one will be around his date too--- but you never know!! He's going to come out when he's good and ready. I'm getting tired of all these early contractions.... but feeling calm and patient so far. Just keeping busy and enjoying the time before life is turned upside-down!

2 comments:

pitbull said...

Glad you're back to blogging. Loved the pictures and the updates on the boys and your house. The nursery looks so warm and comfy for the new one. Hope you're not too uncomfortable about now (silly me) but babies come when they want to (Erin was 10 days late, and Cale was 8 days early) Be sure and let us know when the time comes. Lucky you have family so close. love, auntie lane

Mrs. Misses said...

Your boys are so cute. It is SO FUN to have a new baby. I wish I were there to throw a fun, fabulous shower for your THIRD boy! Every life deserves a celebration, even if it's your FIFTH or SIXTH boy. Oh no, hope I didn't just jinx you. I am in the exact same boat!