Monday, September 3, 2007

Phases....

Oh these boys.... Dave was sick in bed today and I was dealing with everything alone, and I was getting a little fed up. All the stuff that usually bugs me is some kind of phase that just needs to pass, especially with Chris. He's at that age where he can do a lot, but you can't really get him to do/not do ANYTHING! I was sooo glad when Ben finally grew out of that, but wait- you have to go through the same things all over again with each kid! Who knew? ;)

So Chris was messing with the buttons on the cable box (changing the channel and stuff), which ticks Ben off, and me because I have to physically remove him- no amount of "no Chris" will make any difference I've found. After I move him, he usually goes right back. Also, this week, he's been back to crying a lot and he's more clingy. Today, he would latch onto my leg and want me to pick him up at the most inopportune times... like on the way to the bathroom. After he finished eating one good thing- he actually ate decent tonight) he started throwing his food on the floor... then of course he cried to have his diaper changed, cried to have his clothes changed for bed....

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh...

And Ben, he's not eating anything I give him for dinner. No veggies, especially, but lately I'm lucky if he'll eat any of it. This one has been ongoing for quite a while. He eats the rest of the day just fine. Tonight, he took a bite and told me it was delicious- then didn't eat anymore.... just started making a "sandwich" out of his chicken enchiladas and salad- like on "The Upside-Down show" (in the sandwich room)... he was saying all the things from this little clip of the show that they play pretty often on Noggin- he puts stuff on the table, then adds lettuce and says "a green green piece of lettuce... then the pat down and it's... total sandwich" (you have to have seen this little clip...) It was funny and made it hard to be mad, but he would not stop playing with his dang food. He's in a non-listening phase too...

0 comments: