Well, the first night went great! We talked about it in the car on the way home that night to make sure he remembered sending binkie in the mail and that he would just be going to sleep with doggie and blankie. He did awesome. It took him longer to relax before falling asleep, but that was it. Since then, he still asks for it (mostly at naps, it must be harder for him to relax to go to sleep during the day) but I just keep reminding him of where it is and then he says "I want geekee BACK" and I tell him we can't get it back. The first nap, he cried after I left and wouldn't stop (it wasn't heartwrenching, just "oh please I need it" kind of crying). So I went back in and snuggled him up and got him giggling by asking him "does Daddy have a binkie?" (Noooo!) "No, he's too big!.... Does Mommy have a binkie?"... and so on, through everyone in the family that was older than him. He would get a big grin on his face, thinking I was so silly. I told him what a big boy he was and that I knew he could do it. He did. Since then, he's asked at naptime, but hasn't gotten upset. He doesn't wake up as happy from naps, but hopefully that will get better. The first two nights, he got in his bed and said "No geekee! I got blankie and doggie, but nooo geekee!"
Here is the big boy waking up after his first night with "no geekee!"
So, clumsy me... I brought my camera up to bed so I could take a picture of the big boy in the morning and after I took them, I dropped my camera!! Not far and only onto carpet, but it messed up my 50mm lens :( It got jammed on, and when I got it off, I broke the little mount part (see arrow) I was so sad about it and my camera was doing funny stuff - still hoping there is nothing wrong with it. It seems okay now, and I actually have been able to use the lens still. I got out my old crap 28-80 and found out that it is broken... "someone" got into my camera bag, I think-- so I used my big ol' zoom to take a pic of the lens, but later IT wasn't working.... ARG!!! Hopefully everything will just hold together for a little while until I can invest more into my equipment!















0 comments:
Post a Comment