So then there was Kansas. We spent a whole day driving through it, but didn't do much there besides stop for the night. We enjoyed the view though!
First in my series, "shots out of the car window", haha
Jon really liked looking out the window (when he was awake), something the older boys didn't quite embrace. Also, he learned to just sleep when he was tired. After the first day of not much of a nap, he fell asleep at least twice each day that we were driving. I have a lot of pictures like this because he is just so darn cute.
And a couple of fun (crappy iPhone) pics from the morning in our Kansas hotel. This was our first night in a hotel (first night was at the Palmer's house) and they did so great, and woke up happy as clams.
We had stayed in a hotel room with all three of them one night earlier this year, and it was not great, so we were a little worried about how they would do on the trip, with us (especially Dave) needing the sleep in order to function the next day. Thanks in part to the movie "Bedtime Stories", which they love- HOTELS were such an exciting thing for them, magical even :)



















3 comments:
Oh, I love the sunflower shot out the window! Also, the 'just one' below...it's perfect. I'm impressed at your documentation of your road trip...
I think the picture taking out the window is great. Mine never look that good. I like the sunflower shot of Kansas!
So enjoying the photo journal of your adventure! I LOVE the sunflowers! Can't wait to see/hear more about your trip!
Post a Comment