My little dude turned three on the 14th. His birthday turned out to be a little haphazard since we had another family event on the day of his birthday., so we postponed his birthday party with the family (twice, at least) and will be having it this week. But ON his birthday (which was a Sunday, further throwing a wrench into potential plans) I tried to make it fun for the boys. I picked up a few party supplies and we had a little party breakfast and lunch (dinner was with the family at Grandma's that night). They loved the Mickey Mouse party stuff.
Jon thought it was fun....

They loved the "party hat" Mickey ears and the party blowout things. Chris did wonder why it wasn't a "Rock Band party" because that's what he had asked for. I had to explain that this was his little party and his real party was coming. Now I've been preparing him for the fact that his party is not going to be a Rock Band party afterall (we're combining his birthday with mine and Jon's for one big family bash this week). Hopefully he'll understand...

How I love this kid. I have been amazed at his development in recent months. He has changed so much. He is so deliberate and thoughtful about everything he has to say, and so sweet and fun. He amazes me with everything he picks up on. He has never been one to patiently sit and be read to for long or learn things- but has totally picked up on letters, numbers, colors, and more. He keeps surprising us with what he knows. He is really growing up so quickly. He's even getting this little spray of freckles, which I think is so completely adorable. I don't know if you can see them in this pic, but I tried!



















3 comments:
Aww cute. Happy Birthday Christopher! Wait, didn't you have a Birthday too?? The 26th?? Shoot, did I miss it?! If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!!
You're such a good mommy to plan such fun things for your boys!
He sure is a cutie!
you are so good always have cool things for the kids to have a special day! I can not believe he is 3 wow how fast time goes!!
Post a Comment