Dang, how time flies. I feel like I have to catch up because I like to look back and have a pretty good record of what we've been doing... but that's a lot to do, especially because I always have to pick the best pictures and edit them, etc. ... why do I make this so hard? Not to mention I can't focus long enough to finish a post. Case in point, I started this one early this morning when Jon and I were enjoying the sunrise (not quite, but close)... and sat down like an HOUR ago to finish and have done about 10 other things besides finish it... [oh wait, now it is the following morning and I'm back to get this darn thing posted... See what I mean?]
So, quick recap with (mostly) un-edited (and mostly iPhone) pics, then hopefully we'll be back to regularly scheduled blogging!
We had some nice spring weather before it decided to freeze us. I think everyone has been having this kind of weird, back and forth weather, right? It's been great on the nice days to enjoy the yard and the sunny days before we get the realllly sunnnnny (and hot, humid, sticky, yucky) days of summer!

(The Barrett pear blossoms are a common sight in these parts, I've loved having them at each of our homes in the Spring).


(The poor daffodils didn't stand a chance w/Chris around!)

Just before Easter, we had awesome tornado warnings, sirens going off, and HUGE hail. It was nuts. We'd never seen anything like it.
Dave got a new trailer for the TRACTOR (mower) and now we feel like farmers out in our *field*. New fun family activity...
Before, they had to take turns riding on Daddy's lap, now they get to ride in the back. I just learned how to mow and drive the thing too (looove mowing!), so I took them on rides today. It's like Disneyland here, seriously. So fun :)
Early March, we headed up to Chattanooga. We went to the children's museum, which they LOVED. I think Ben's favorite place to go is "kid masims".
Ben climbed wayyy up this thing, and helped Chris climb up too...
Jon had so much fun he crashed...
Chris LOVED the art area (mah boy!)
Ben too... he loved rubbing the coins...
And oh boy, the dinosaur area had DRESS UP! Roarrrr!
Jon, just bein' happy...
The roof had the coolest machines where you worked the levers and stuff.
Jon has changed so much lately. He's been busy growing and cutting teeth... SIX and counting! He's jabbering a ton and pulling up on anything he can grab onto to walk around- He can crawl OVER anything, and he's even figured out how to climb the stairs (Mama needs to get that gate installed, oye). And he gets MAD when you are making him do something he doesn't want to do (diaper change, wait for his bottle, etc). He's got an awesome little sense of humor. Still always smiling and cute.
(Hangin' out, eatin' Cheerios with his friend in the baby corner of RS/ Sunday School at church. Thank goodness we have that corner for those two hours, we would not make it!)
(Sidenote: since Chris got this toy for Christmas, he has LOVED "Felipe" the screwdriver from Handy Manny- for a while it was his very favorite thing, so funny!)
Chris has changed a lot too. He's just exploded in the last month or so with so much more to say. Everything is a complete thought- he wants to explain things and direct people. Before every prayer, he has to say who is saying the prayer, and then individually-- who need to close their eyes. He is cracking us up soo much. He's been excited to be able to do more things that Ben can do....















1 comments:
Love the pictures and the updates. The "dress-like-a-dinosaur picture is hilarious! (love that tail!) The boys are growing up so fast! (Love the Hawaiian shirt, too!) Thanks for keeping us "Utarns" informed. Have fun with Peg this weekend...can't wait to see more pictures with Aunt Peg and GGramma and GGrandpa Izatt - SOON? Love you, auntie
Post a Comment