So, people have asked to see pictures of the new house, so I thought I'd give y'all a little bloggy tour of it. I took all these and got them edited the week BEFORE the baby came, when I was waiting for labor... but didn't get a chance to post them until now.
The house is actually pretty much in order, but in dire need of decoration. Most of the walls are still bare, because I can't decide where to put anything! So just look past the boring walls, and here is our new house =)
This is the entryway. Ahead is the living room and to the right is the playroom (aka formal dining room, but who needs one of those?)
So we'll head to the right into the playroom. Just through the doorway there is the kitchen.
The boys just love to play the piano. Ben tries so hard to pick out the right notes to songs. We'll have to get him started in lessons soon.
We have a lot of their toys down here, and a bunch more upstairs in our bonus room.
Okay, so back through the entryway and straight ahead was the living room. You can see the lovely frames propped up on the mantle because I can't decide what to hang over it ;)
On this side you can see I have made an attempt to hang a few frames. My couches need some pillows, they are so boring in this bright room!
So this is what is along the last wall (the right side if you're looking from the front door. The AC closet (or something like that), coat closet, and half bathroom. The bathroom is small and I couldn't really get a pic of it, so you'll have to use your imagination! =)
Turn around from there and you see the back door and the stairs.
Just past the stairs going around is the eat-in area of the kitchen.
Keep on going and you see the rest of the kitchen.... the left side...
and the right....
Then we'll head up the stairs to the sunny bonus room...
We'll do a panoramic sweep starting with the left ;) .... the books- this is where all of the boys' books are (the far right shelf) so they can come up there to read....
The ginormous elliptical machine is next, then the big closet that houses the board games and more toys that they can pull out and I can throw right back in... the small cupboard things house their games and other toys that either need supervision or need to be pulled out alone and put back or else they are a HUGE mess everywhere ALL the time...
Off the bonus room to the right are the office, laundry room, and master bedroom. This is your picture of the laundry-- that's all there is to it.
Here's the office/ guest room.... mostly office, but definitely a guest room if you want to come and visit us!! (hint hint)... doesn't it look cozy?? That is a raised aero bed there- definitely comfy. Fully adjustable for your sleeping comfort!
My desk and the table for the kids to play at or for craft projects or whatever. Right now it has the stereo there because they love to play with it... but it's not staying there...
So two doors down is the Master bedroom. You'll notice our lovely furniture, or lack thereof. Dave doesn't think we need a bedroom set, and it's not super high on my list of things to spend our money on, so there ya go. On the other two wall are just the closets, they're hard to get pictures of- we have his and hers- mine is ginormous. I use it for storage mostly, I don't have enough clothes to fill it (not even close).
I love the high trey celing and the huge window. You can see I took these pics the week before last, and those are our bags for the hospital and for grandma's house there under the window, and the packnplay is all set and ready for the little guy...
Here's the master bathroom. On the left is the jetted tub and beyond that wall is the shower-- through the doorway in the back is the potty. I also have a linen closet back there, as well as one right behind the door in the front of the bathroom- -- which I LOVE. One thing I loved about this house when we found it was all the closets!
On the right, the double sinks....
So if you cross the bonus room to the left of the stairs as you came up, we can see the rest of the rooms...
Straight through into that little hallway, we have the kids' bathroom...
To the left of that, the boys' room. This is the only pic I took, because this is all there is to it. Again, we are not decorated yet. There is a dresser by the closet on the other wall that you can't see, but nothing else. I'm excited to do this room. I just got their bedding back a couple months before we moved . I just love Eric Carle, so I'm excited to get some cute stuff up on the walls to go with the Hungry Caterpillar theme... I'm just a little slow with this stuff. I love their big window that looks out on the back yard, they love it too. So much that they messed with the blinds and broke them within the first week or two.
Then there is the baby's room which you've already seen on a previous post, but here it is again...
Okay, back down the stairs....
And into the backyard. We have a small fenced area just outside the door, which is nice for them to be able to play but not go too far. When we go out in the big yard, they like to run away and Chris doesn't always listen when you tell him to get his little heiney back here.
Behind you (to the right as you walk out the back door) is a patio, but it's a total mess with a sandbox on one end and the grill on the other, with a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff strewn all over... so yeah, you don't want to see that.
Beyond the little yard is the swingset that Sam and Mariann are storing here until their house is built. So it will be lots of fun for the rest of the year. Next summer we'll hopefully be able to put one in of our own!
And then there is the pool, which has been so fun, and we just LOVE how it is located back from the house instead of it being right outside the door. It's perfect for people like us with little kids.
And then there is the rest of the yard. It's a huge yard, and you can see it's been kind of dry here. No one has sprinkler systems here because you don't usually need them.
Then off the patio to the right side is our shady tree and picnic table. We like to have picnics out there =)
So there ya go. Now you have seen our house! Hopefully it makes you want to come out and see us =)

















































4 comments:
I love it. I am so there. I wonder how much roundtrips are going for nowadays. I would love to come even if it's just for a weekend. I'm going to do it. I absolutely love the colors. That green is so awesome!!!!! Oh and we have the same microwave. Thanks for the tour!!
I LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to come out there someday for a visit. Your home is beautiful!!!
WOW! What a great house....thanks for the "tour". I think it's about time for another trip to Alabama to visit with everyone. Got to get this reunion over and done with first, though. love you, Auntie lane
hey lisa! cute house! i love the blue paint color in the baby's room. can you tell me what the name of the paint is? i wanna use it in my boys' room. thanks!
caiti -
Post a Comment