Whew, I did it! If you couldn't tell, I just posted a TON tonight trying to catch up from the last month or so. I've been sick for months and spent a lot of time not on the computer- then every time I would get on here, I would feel like there was so much to catch up on that it would just take forever to try and blog. But I did it-- here ya go, all caught up! Now I can keep the blog current again. Well, first I have to start taking more pictures again. I've taken some, but not nearly as many as I normally do. Hopefully I'll feel better soon.
For those that don't know, I'm not terminal- I'm just PREGNANT!
This is the little bean at 9 weeks--
and at 13 weeks.
My doctor usually does an initial ultrasound to check everything and measure the baby. My first appointment got messed up, so I sort of had two initial appointments, so I've had two ultrasounds so far... you don't hear me complaining! It's so fun to see the tiny baby in there squirming around and the little heart beating- so amazing!
I'm 16 1/2 weeks along now, due on July 8th. We should find out if it's a boy or girl in about a month at our last ultrasound. I've been so much sicker this time around, and unlike my previous pregnancies, it didn't let up once the first trimester passed. But, we keep on muddling through. Some days are better than others. Last week, I had a terrible headcold that made it even harder to function, but now I'm back to just the normal pain and nausea... It's better than it was earlier in the pregnancy. I can function a lot better, though I don't really feel like doing much. We mostly hang out at home during the week.
Today was a comfort food day. I go back and forth, but right now I have an okay relationship with food. Nothing really sounds good, but once something does, it feels good to eat. I have to eat frequently to keep the nausea at bay, which is hard when even the thought of food is so yucky. Anyway, I made some kalua pig today, and it was sooooo good. It cooked all day in my oven, and I could smell it- it made me so hungry.
After dinner, Ben and I made some chocolate chip cookies- he loves helping in the kitchen so much. Especially cookies- he just wants to eat the dough though (we have NO idea where he gets that from). The whole time we were making them this time, he kept saying- "okay done, time to lick it it".... "stop mixing, it's time to lick it"... "I wanna lick it!".... haha! It was so cute. Once he got to "lick it" he was just in heaven-- but when I told him that was enough cookie dough, boy was he sad!!
















5 comments:
WHat great pics he is so cute!!!!
I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations! I am so jealous. We haven't been able to have more so we are thinking of adopting now...
Hey cuz!
Golly that's great you are having your third! Wow, I was shocked when Christi told me. Hopefully Christi and I will get pregnant soon to catch up with you, heh. I'm so baby hungry. :) Hopefully the nausea will go away soon, that is the no fun part. Miss ya!
Lisa
Congrats!!! That is so exciting. I totally remember those days of needing to eat, but hating the sound of everything. So glad to read more from you. Now I need to catch up!
WHAT!!!! I can't believe you didn't personally tell me that you are pregnant!!!! Does our friendship of 14 or so years me nothing to you!!!?? Just kidding, but wow! I'm so happy for you!! I remember last time when you were pregnant with Christopher I wanted to be pregnant at the same time as you so bad. And here you are on baby number 3 and we're still working on baby number 1. Lisa I'm so excited for you!!!
Love ya lots!
Shan
Post a Comment