Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pumpkin farm!

We have a really cool pumpkin farm out here. We discovered it last year and i just love it. I decided it should be a tradition :) The boys had fun, there was tons to do there.

Ben got to pet some pigs, and a few other things...

Chris just watched....



Christopher and Nicole were so happy to see each other. Nicole got a big smile and then they leaned in like this for a hug or something... so cute!

Ben just loves being with his cousins, known collectively as "KatieJenny"... everybody hold hands now!
We took the hayride out to the fields to pick a pumpkin. Apparently this drought in the Southeast has been pretty hard on the crops in our area and they lost a lot at this farm, but there were lots of pumpkins! Ben was just examining them. He and Papa were checking them out trying to find the perfect one.



Chris just wanted to run around the pumpkin field mostly... that's pretty much what he wants to do anywhere- run free...


Only there were lots of vines, so he kept tripping, but it didn't phase him- I don't think he cried once out there....



And here he is tasting a nasty old stem that he found on the ground- NICE Daddy!!!


And back on the hayride with our pumpkin... Chris wanted to be free and eat the hay.

Here they are in the "corn crib" a big wooden bin full of big dried corn (like animal feed, not popcorn). They loooved it. Ben and Jenny thought it was so much fun.

Chris was crazy throwing handfuls up in the air and just laughing and laughing! That's his very favorite kind of game, dropping or throwing something up and then doing something like "oops" or "oh no" ... so this was awesome to him. :P


Now here we tried to get our shot of how tall they are this year at the Pumpkin farm. Yeah, not much cooperation there, but at least I got them in the general area.

And I just wanted one cute fall picture of them with pumpkins. It was so hot that day, even the jeans were probably too much- but we didn't want them getting all scraped up. But I put on the cute fall-ish shirts I had wanted them to wear (last year it was freezing out there!) and tried... but no luck there either. And Dave was NOT helping. Seems like I got a lot of the back of Chris' head...
And then Mr. Tuff-guy is pulling all the pumpkins off of the shelves on the pumpkin house...


And back home- once back to the car we went back to short sleeves and swapped the jeans for shorts... I just thought this was cute- love the stickers on the back of the kids' shirts there...


And just for fun--- here are a few from our Pumpkin farm outing last year... it's so fun to compare and see how much they've grown in that time...

Ben was not a fan of the corn crib last year, nothing like how Chris was this year. He was done in about a minute, I think the sinking in made him nervous or something, he was not a fan.

This was cute- we tried for a shot like this again, but it didn't happen. Last year we had Abby to hold Chris up in there too...

And here is little Ben... you can see if you look at the other pic above that he was right about the same size as Chris was this year (he was about 2 months older than Chris is now).

And Ben doing the EXACT same thing with the pumpkins on the house- they are just there for taking off I guess....


And I did manage an okay shot of them last year... they have changed so much- so cute to see. I think that's a lot of the fun of making this a tradition, the photos! :)

3 comments:

Keli said...

THEY LOOK SOOOOO ADORABLE. MY GOAL THIS WEEK IS TO BUT UP A BLOG PAGE I THINK IT IS PRETTY EASY WITH MY MAC I JUST NEED TO FIGURE IT OUT
LOVE KELI

Christi said...

CUTE pictures! Love the matching outfits and pictures by the pumpkins.

Shannon said...

I LOVE that picture of your boys in front of the shelves of pumpkins. So dang cute!!!!