Saturday, November 3, 2007

Halloween!

We had lots of fun. Ben LOVED trick-or-treating, while Chris had no interest whatsoever. They looked cute though! I took pictures of them in their costumes earlier in the month because they were just so darn cute and I knew it would be hard to get cute pics of them that night.

These are my favorites:





Here is "the pumpkin". We got a medium-ish pumpkin out at the pumpkin farm and then some smaller ones at a local pumpkin "patch" church fundraiser. We fully intended to carve the bigger on but never did... one of the smaller ones got the Mr. PotatoHead pumpkin accessories. Ben thought this was pretty cool- he loves Potatoheads... we did this a couple days before...



And here they are earlier in the day, in their Halloween shirts. We went to a puppet show at the library, but other than that, Halloween during the day is pretty boring.


Here is the picture of the one time Chris went to the door. You can see he is trying to pull the neighbors door open, that's Chris- always trying to pull things out or escape or whatever. Ben wouldn't let us empty part of his candy, but he was getting a lot and tripped and spilled it a couple of times.... he just kept saying "Let's go get MORE candy!" We have a really cool neighborhood for trick-or-treating. There are tons of people everywhere and a lot of houses go all out with the decorations. It's fun. Next year I think I want to skip the other stuff and just stick around the neighborhood.


Hey look! A picture of me... hahaha... you don't see THAT everyday ;)

Our ward did their trunk-or-treat on Halloween this year (last year they did one the weekend before) so we went there after some neighbhorhood candy collecting. We were kind of late and way on the end of the line of cars, and Chris is not very cooperative, so I put him back in the wagon and we walked around with our candy while Ben passed it out. Chris just dumped the little bags all over himself and over the sides of the wagon-- he thought it was great fun. I think that was the best part of the night for him ;)


1 comments:

Mrs. Misses said...

Your kids (and photos) are adorable. Looks like you had a blast. We wore the same old costumes from last year. Rhett works too much to make it too important a holiday.

PS I tagged you in my most recent blog entry. Check it out for rules and details. I want to hear more from you!!