Over Mother's Day weekend (also Dave's birthday weekend) we headed down to the beach with the rest of the Izatt clan for a much anticipated vacation! We spent a few days in Destin, Florida and I don't know if there could have been a more perfect time to visit. The weather was perfect. Not too hot, but plenty of sun, and usually a nice breeze. It was heavenly!
We all stayed at a great resort. It was up on the bay and just beautiful overlooking the water.
The cousins had so much fun together! Ben was loving it especially. He hardly knew we were there sometimes! Can you believe all these kids? All the grandkids are close in age, from 7 down to almost 1 (And two more on the way!) What a cute bunch.
We spent every morning down at the beach, and most evenings.
Jon loved the water, just looooved it! This was the first time he saw the waves, it was all so exciting!
Chris was more cautious at first and preferred to be up on the sand playing, but soon lost all inhibition and really enjoyed the water.
Jon was Daddy's best friend on this trip, he loved being with him. He's had a hard time since we've been back because Dave has had a lot of late nights at work (not normal for him!) and Jon really misses having him around.
Ben was busy as can be, building, digging, always going for more buckets of water. It was hard to catch a picture of him, because- as I mentioned- he really hardly knew we were there he was so busy with his cousins!
It was fun to be with the whole family. We had a lot of good times, including a fun Family Home Evening on the beach, a nice seafood dinner out with most of the kids (crazy!) and a birthday celebration for Dave and his sister Jeanne who share a birthday.
The last morning, we took one last walk along the beach and got to spend a little time just with Grandma and Grandpa. We finally remembered to bring the kite out. The boys (Dave included) had a great time flying it. They all helped get it up and then took turns holding the string.
This is definitely a new favorite shot!
I love my little family- we had such a great time. It was a very relaxing long weekend, full of happy times. Lots of memories to cherish. It was hard to come home!







































7 comments:
it looks like you guys had so much fun. I'm am jealous. The boys are getting so big wow how I miss you guys.
Oh how fantastic! All the pictures and all the family. I love Destin. And you beat the oil spill. The Kite shot is priceless. The legs crack me up.
Oh wow!!! That beach looks amazingly beautiful...ahhh....the beach...I'm going there in my mind now. Looks like you all had so much fun! You look great, girl!
It looks like fun I'm jealous
These are really great beach pictures. I can tell you guys had so much fun. Seriously makes me want to plan a trip to Destin!
What fun!!! A Giant family reunion vacation!!! I never lived near relatives growing up, and now my kids hardly even know their cousins names, let alone actually remember the last time they've seen them, if they've seen them at all (the younger ones).
that kite is hysterical! Love it!!!
What a fun clan! Your beach pictures are beautiful!
Post a Comment