Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Jake's Wedding... in Portland


Well, yes- I did just get out of the hospital on Sunday the 21st.... but I had a plane ticket to Portland for the 25th to attend my baby brother's wedding on Sunday the 28th. What a pickle. Honestly, all I could think of the whole time I was in the hospital was how much time I had before I was supposed to be on that plane. I couldn't miss Jakey's wedding! I hadn't seen my family since Christmas '06, and everyone was going to be there, minus a couple of spouses and a few of the kids..... It's not like I'm this huge traveler... what timing!

I wasn't sure if I'd make it, but crazy me, I went despite not feeling that great yet. It was awesome and hard and crazy, but worth it. The trip there and back was LONG. The flights and airports made me never want to fly again. Jonathan was pretty fussy on the way and I was not feeling well. Holding a baby for 4 1/2 hours on a plane with a backache is not that fun- then when he decides to wake up over and over....  Then I was finally there... the first night, I stayed at my sister-in-law, Keli's, aunt's house where they were staying (I got in really late and my brother came to get me) and I could NOT sleep and I was sick and the baby kept waking up and I was about dead the next morning. After that, things looked up. The rest of my nights (at a hotel) were better and my FABULOUS Auntie Jeanne let me stay with her and took care of Jonathan at night. She insisted that she was loving every minute of it- I think we wiped her out, but she was such a life saver. She made it so that I could make it through that weekend, and I am so incredibly grateful for everything she did for us on the trip. It was so awesome to see her, it had been way too long. Jonathan got spoiled!!

Jonathan also got to meet his Tutu. He was so dang cute. He just smiled and cooed at everyone, no problems. Went to anyone who wanted to hold him, wasn't too fussy, just had a good time...

And the man of the hour- this is who we were there for. My baby brother, who is such a grown-up now, I can't even believe it. But, he is the same old Jakey anyway. He's such a cute dad and just such a fun guy. I'm so proud of him =)


Mom and Doug were fun to hang around, even when Doug was going nutso in the car. I was just so so glad to be able to spend some time with my Mommy!


We had a fun birthday night for Jared and Keli at Chevy's (which was mmmmm...delicioso- someone find me some good Mexican food out here PLEASE!) Jared and Keli are always tons of fun (when Jared puts his phone/laptop down for a minute). I wish I could have had longer with them. But... did I mention, the food was awesome? Oh, and that I just love this girl?? 

I was sooooo happy to see so many of my little neices and nephews. Not all of them, bummer... but I got to finally meet my little sweeties.... this is Isabel. She and Lilly are Jared and Keli's foster daughters, and will be adopted in December!

This is Miss Lilly. She is so funny! She was everyone's best friend at the wedding-- all the girlsin Shannon's family just loved her.

And Brady... with his leaves.  He was doing the funniest stuff while we were waiting around before pictures. So cute, I love this kid.


And it was so awesome to be able to see my Nicky! He even let me cut his hair that was rather straggly the day before this...

Had to add this one... my Pops looked pretty debonair at the wedding.... I was a fan of the new short 'do.... it was more like the hair he always had growing up...

And of course...  Spencer, Mallory, and Cameron... They just moved up to Portland, so we got to see them. I couldn't believe how much they've all grown! 

Isabel was so cute- she loved to play with Jonathan...

And of course, I was so glad to hang out with my Sissy.... and hang out is pretty much what we did. We both spent most of Saturday... and Friday... on Jake's couch. We were both not feeling great, so we just vegged. Everyone was hanging out over there, but we just moved less. So fun anyway. This was my first time meeting Keaka... he is soooo cute and cuddly. I knew he looked just like Emmy, it's even more in real life.


My big brother... when he wasn't working. No, he was fun- he wasn't always on the phone. Always fun. And it was so fun watching him as the Daddy of their little girls. He is such a cute dad.

I have to mention right here that I was the worst photographer EVER on this trip. I didn't take nearly enough pictures and the ones I did take weren't so good- I screwed up settings and even the focus some of the time. I was just not in the zone really. I wasn't paying enough attention. BUT it's all good- at least I got pictures of everyone that I love. AND my Nicky took my camera at the reception and got me some priceless shots, like this one.

And this one.... This little dude... my newest nephew Keola, he's a month younger than Jonathan. He is so cute. 


And shots like this, which I love despite focus issues- they have JOY...


And this is how this one came out- upside down. Spencer maybe took this one...

And this awesome shot of the princess (Aliana- Jake and Shannon's little girl) getting down on the dance floor....
And Lilly, gettin' her groove on....
Josh too....

Another blur full of happy....
love this one....
Not happy, but sooo cute. haha....


You had to be there. I caught this one, it was my favorite dancing..... 


I didn't spend any time fussing over shots of the family and the bride and groom, or trying to get a picture in the dimly lit barn where they got married, because Jake and Shannon had a great photographer with much better equipment, and Jake said they're getting all the images and rights- so I'm just gonna get my hands on those. I'll be sure to post more when I have some. They looked so great - Shannon was just beautiful and Aliana was so cute. Jake looked so handsome, they were all just too cute. It was a gorgeous wedding and a beautiful location. I'm really glad I went. Because of how I'm still feeling (but better every day!) I am glad to be home with my guys. Rest, rest, rest... 

1 comments:

Christi said...

I loved seeing the pictures because we couldn't make it. Looked like a lot of fun!