Sunday, March 16, 2008

Rock Band!

I keep meaning to blog about Rock Band (aka Wah-Baaaa), but I haven't had any pictures. Dave said he has a video clip on his phone, but I don't have it. We played last night, though, and I got a few pictures. The boys LOVE it. If you haven't played it, you need to come visit us and play, it is so fun. We've had it a month or so? Can't remember.... but enough to have played it a bunch, and we're getting pretty good. Well, Dave is really good at the guitar. I liked Guitar Hero, so I thought I would stick to the guitar- the drums scared me... I was sure I was not coordinated enough, but I tried them, and they are so much fun. I'm not bad. I'm pretty awesome on "Easy" mode, but when you play in "Tour" mode with your band, you can't stay on your level forever if you're getting high scores. You have to move up or you stop earning fans... so now I'm on medium, and I have to coordinate a lot more bass pedal (my foot is not as coordinated, let's just say that!) But it's totally fun. We were suprised the first time we tried to play at night when the boys were asleep, it's totally loud but it didn't bother them at all! So we play whenever at night, and then sometimes we play during the day with them. They like to switch off between things, especially Chris, his attention span is about 10 seconds on each instrument sometimes.... We give them the guitar hero guitar and the drums (unplugged) and I do the microphone (I'm pretty good at that one too- it's pretty easy, you don't really have to sing well or even know the songs) while Dave plays the other guitar. They love it. It's funny, because Ben started singing that "Dead or Alive" song by Bon Jovi, after we played it a few times.... but it sounds like "bed-oh-uh-wibe" =)

Ready to play...

They play the drums with chopsticks instead of the drumsticks... hoping to save the drums a little, they like to hit pretty hard, plus they miss and hit each other....

And Daddy the awesome guitar player...

0 comments: