We made an offer on this house this week, and it was accepted yesterday!
We decided recently to look for a bigger house... not like our house isn't awesome and big and we love it- but Dave got this idea in his head to start looking for the bigger "dream" house that we had planned on for a couple years in the future. This is the one we are thinking we'll most likely stay in for a long time- the kids will grow up there, etc.... well, we looked for a couple weeks, and we actually found it! We are so excited. It's not ginormous, but it's bigger than what we have, it's an even better floorplan, and it has a HUGE lot- the backyard is soooo big and it has a fenced in pool!
The funny story is that we had been looking all over town, and had started to look at the small towns outside of the city, and we just weren't finding what we wanted. We wanted more space and a pool, and Dave's dream is the BIG backyard. Finding a bigger house wasn't hard, finding a pool was not too bad, but getting any decent size of yard along with a pool was impossible. If there was a pool, that was pretty much the yard. Finding a fenced pool was even worse. I think we found one before this one. So we were on our way home from one of these adventures checking out another place, and Dave was getting so discouraged. I told him, it might not be common, but we just had to keep looking and we'd find it. He told me that it didn't exist- and if I found one, he'd give me a hundred bucks. Well, after we got the kids to bed that night, Dave was off on a walk talking on the phone, and I found this house. I was getting all excited and impatient for him to get back, because I knew he'd love it. It had 1.15 acres! Well, he got back and finally looked at the computer, and we got excited and called our realtor the next morning and went to see it that afternoon (this was last Monday). The rest is history =) I don't get my $100 right now though... .we have a lot to pay for! =) hehe...
So, now that we have our offer accepted, we have to start the process of inspections and all that- but as long as everything goes well, we are set to close at the end of April!!!! Now we gotta get this house on the market... pray for us that it won't take too long to sell and that this prego lady can get it all done!!!
The funny story is that we had been looking all over town, and had started to look at the small towns outside of the city, and we just weren't finding what we wanted. We wanted more space and a pool, and Dave's dream is the BIG backyard. Finding a bigger house wasn't hard, finding a pool was not too bad, but getting any decent size of yard along with a pool was impossible. If there was a pool, that was pretty much the yard. Finding a fenced pool was even worse. I think we found one before this one. So we were on our way home from one of these adventures checking out another place, and Dave was getting so discouraged. I told him, it might not be common, but we just had to keep looking and we'd find it. He told me that it didn't exist- and if I found one, he'd give me a hundred bucks. Well, after we got the kids to bed that night, Dave was off on a walk talking on the phone, and I found this house. I was getting all excited and impatient for him to get back, because I knew he'd love it. It had 1.15 acres! Well, he got back and finally looked at the computer, and we got excited and called our realtor the next morning and went to see it that afternoon (this was last Monday). The rest is history =) I don't get my $100 right now though... .we have a lot to pay for! =) hehe...
So, now that we have our offer accepted, we have to start the process of inspections and all that- but as long as everything goes well, we are set to close at the end of April!!!! Now we gotta get this house on the market... pray for us that it won't take too long to sell and that this prego lady can get it all done!!!















7 comments:
Holy cow that is awesome! I'm so happy for you. That looks like a great house. What a fabulous find! I had to pack up our whole house a week after I had the baby and it wasn't too bad because I kept Cam in day care while I packed. Maybe just put the boys to work!! Good luck and congrats!
YAY!!!! That house looks really nice, and to have a pool and lot that big...NICE!! So happy for you guys!!
Congrats on the house! It looks great!
Just wanted to say hi and that I'm kind of a cousin of Dave's ... Molly and Jerry are my aunt and uncle, my mom is Elaine. I love your blog and your kids are so cute! And I'm so impressed with your digital scrapbooking ... I'm just learning myself how to do it!
How are things going with the new house???
Yeah, I'm anxious to hear about your new house, too. And to see some new pictures.
Updates, please!! :) You've got faithful blog readers out here wondering how you guys are!
And did you ever get the email I sent to you?
Nice house. I'll be right over to tan next to the pool and play Rockband!! Just let me get dinner going..ha ha ha. You're the jerk who moved a million-ba-zillion miles away!!
Love Ya (even if you are just a plane ride away)
Post a Comment