Thursday, February 14, 2008

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?

I realllllly need to put more videos on here. I need to take more, they're probably more fun- to see them in action. Dave usually takes a lot, but I don't. It's so fun to take them, then they want to sit and watch the replay. So cute. And it's on my phone, so it's not like it's not convenient!

So every Wednesday, we hit storytime at the library. They LOVE it. They always do some stories and songs, and then they get to do a little paper craft- Ben loves it when he gets to GLUE! It's really cute to watch them there. Especially Ben, he sits right in the front and gets really into the songs. He knows them so well.

One of the stories they do is a flannel board version of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?" (Bill Martin Jr., Eric Carle). It's one we have at home, and Ben used to read it all the time and had it memorized (it's not too tricky!) So, yesterday for the craft, they got paper versions of the flannel board pictures to color and take home so they could tell the story. Last night, he showed Dave, acting really silly and shy at first for some reason, but then totally getting into it and wanting to tell it over and over and over. So we got it on video to share with all of you =).

If you're not familiar with this story (you probably won't understand him as well as we do), it's pretty basic- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? I see a red bird looking at me. Then goes on and on, asks the red bird what he sees, etc... goes on to a yellow duck, blue horse, green frog, purple cat, white dog, black sheep, goldfish, and a teacher.. then the teacher sees children and asks them what they see, and they go back through the list....

(just hit play)

3 comments:

Terri said...

HOw freakin cute is he. LOVE IT

Mrs. Misses said...

I love that you go to the library! I miss the Orem Public Library where my uncle Mark used to take us and show us all the behind the scenes and we'd check out stacks of books each time we were there. We used to go all the time...I need to get my kids there.

Ben is adorable. We used to read this book often when I taught 1st grade and spec. ed and he does it very well. Someone should hire him!

BRINLEY & HADLEY'S MOM said...

SO CUTE! I LOVE THE STORY & SO DID BRINLEY! GREAT BLOG! YOU ROCK!

MEE-SHELL