Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sometimes you just need a good laugh...

I had a good laugh tonight. Don't you just love it when you can just laugh and laugh with a friend? It's so therapeutic, even if it has to be on the phone because you can't just drive down the street anymore...

Then I sat here and thought about why my blog is still kind of behind. The next pictures in line for bloggage were of the night we had our friends the Palmers over before they moved, and I was putting off this post for two reasons... 1) I'm still pretending they're on vacation 2) I don't know what to write...

A couple nights before they left, we were setting Nat's iPhone up with all the important functions, like reading friends' blogs, so she would be fully prepared for her upcoming "trip". I also showed her the finer art of the iPhone self-portrait... or whatever it's called when one of the retarded people is turning the camera around trying to get a picture of both people but can't stop laughing long enough for it not to be blurry, not to mention get both people somewhat in the frame.



I just love cracking Nat up... we have lots of good laughs and luckily that doesn't have to change too much. I love this funny shot... check out that creative angle... bet you didn't know that Farmer John was a closet photog!


So we had them over for dinner. We ate, and talked, laughed, and ate some more...


Meanwhile, the kids broke in the new swingset... They were playing something with a boat and they were escaping some kind of disaster or big fish (can't remember). Brielle was the mom...



And Brooklyn was the captain, driving the ship...


Braden apparently walked the plank and was trying to get back on... totally oblivious to the game, really...

Chris is usually off in his own world, but he really loved the attention from Brooklyn that night. I don't know if you can tell, and I don't know HOW, but she is carrying my solid little three year old.


And these two are so funny, Blaire always acts all shy at first and then by the end when it's time to go, they are having a complete blast and don't want to leave each other...


We miss the B's...


And their mom and dad. But I won't post that picture, because Nat would kill me.

Good times!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

It was a good laugh :) thanks! I love these pictures of the kids playing before we moved, they had such a great time! And so did John & I, not to mention the super yummy hawaiian food. Thanks again for a great evening!

Quincy Sorensen said...

These are really happy pictures; I'm glad you guys had a fun night together before they moved.

Shannon said...

I love that second picture of you two - so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

That 2nd shot is great! I agree that sometimes you just need a good laugh and it is even better when it is with a great friend! :)